Sending notification to specific email when issue priority is entered as critical

Ben Pentz November 9, 2017

I am trying to get JIRA to send a notification to a specific email address when an issue is created with a priority of critical.   This email address is a relay that sends an SMS text to a phone.    So ultimately I just need to get JIRA to send the notification to the specific email.  Please advise.

2 answers

1 vote
Kian Stack Mumo Systems
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
November 9, 2017

This is not possible through the base JIRA functionality. I'd recommend checking out Automation for JIRA or Scriptrunner. Either of these plugins could be configured to provide the functionality you are looking for. 

0 votes
Justin Evans
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
November 9, 2017

Hi Ben - you could accomplish this with an app like Power Scripts for Jira. Essentially, you'd use write a SIL script along the lines of:

if(priority=="Critical") {
sendEmail([from], to, [cc], subject, body_or_template, [language])
}

and then call that script from an "Issue Created" system event.

More info can be found for the sendEmail routine and email templating.

Suggest an answer