Sending emails via Jira Automation Plugin -- stumped.

Bryan Karsh January 20, 2018

Hi -- I thought I would use the Automation Plugin for the following:

If an issue hasn't been updated for a specific project in over 4 weeks, send an email to the assignee asking them to take action. The email should group all the issues that meet this criteria per assignee, and email the assignee only those issues associated with them.

I've gotten some of the way -- I can get an email that groups all the issues sent to me as a single email. But I can't see how I can have the bulk email split out per assignee and their own respective issues. Any suggestions? I'm hoping this can be done via smart fields somehow.

I know how this can be done via groovy/Script Runner -- but I was curious if something like this could be accomplished with the Automation Plugin (full version).

2 answers

1 accepted

1 vote
Answer accepted
Boris Berenberg - Atlas Authority
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
January 20, 2018

You actually don't even need the automation plugin. Just do JQL like

assignee=currentUser() and project = ABC and updated < startofweek(-4)

with a subscription to all the people you want. They will only get their issues.

Bryan Karsh January 20, 2018

Hi Boris,

Thanks -- I had thought about that, but I wanted to use a custom email template. But it sounds like this approach should work with Automation plugin as well. So thanks!

2 votes
David Faltemier March 26, 2019

Hey Bryan,

Sorry to open this thread again. I wanted to see if you were able to figure out how to do this within Automation for JIRA? Did you update the JQL to include the currentUser() field? I want to generate some batch emails for issues past due and send weekly emails to assignee's and component leads.

Any help would be appreciated!

David

Suggest an answer