Sending email with attachment

How I can get the attachment file and send an email with attachment in send custom email script? looking for piece of code to find the attachment file and sending email with that file attachment. Currently send a custom email script working fine without attachment.  

4 answers

1 accepted

This widget could not be displayed.

I found the way to get the file path and filename by following code. Looking to attach this file in email notification. I had used for email notification email.setFrom, email.setCc and email.setBody but did not see email.setAttachment to email. Is there any way to send file as an attachment in email notification.

AttachmentManager attachmentManager = componentManager.getAttachmentManager() pathManager = componentManager.getAttachmentPathManager() 

attachmentManager.getAttachments(issue).each { attachment ->     filePath = 
PathUtils.joinPaths(pathManager.attachmentPath, issue.projectObject.key, issue.key, attachment.id.toString())   

filename = PathUtils.joinPaths(pathManager.attachmentPath, issue.projectObject.key, issue.key, attachment.filename)       
atFile = new File(filename)             
 }

This thread answers how to get an attachment using rest:

https://answers.atlassian.com/questions/224783

To send that attachment you need to package it in a format that the receiving email server can cope with. If using microsoft exchange as mailserver and Linux on the server side you would encode the attachment using uuencode. 

Jonas,

Is there a way to write some groovy code in existing "sendEmailToCustomer.groovy" inbuilt one? Basically need to get the file and then send an attachment format in a email when there is state change. I have right now configured workflow post function and its sending email but need to add code for attachment if it is exist. Can you please let me know how we can achieve this?

I am looking a way to find out to send an email notification with an attachment for the issue using the groovy script.  I am able to find the path and filename for the issue but did not find any method or class for the email attachment. I can see email.setCc, setBody etc. but not some thing like setAttachment. How I can attach the file to email notification.

Any help on this much appreciate.

Suggest an answer

Community showcase
Published Friday in Jira

New 5k User Limit and Other Cloud Updates

Hi all! Lauren here from the Enterprise Cloud marketing team.  I have some exciting Cloud updates from #AtlassianSummit that I wanted to share. We want everyone in your organization to be ab...

119 views 0 3
Read article

Atlassian User Groups

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find a group

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find my local user group

Unfortunately there are no AUG chapters near you at the moment.

Start an AUG

You're one step closer to meeting fellow Atlassian users at your local meet up. Learn more about AUGs

Groups near you