Sending and email

Benny May 31, 2016

I have been creating custom PHP application to allow users to post issues to Jira. The PHP application work great, but now I have been asked to set the application to generate and email that will be sent to the user when the status of their ticket changes or when a comment has been added to the ticket by the assignee. Since I am using Rest API's in PHP to post the tickets and comments from the user’s side I can successfully send an email.

My question to the group is how to send an email to the user from the JIRA side when the assignee changes the status or a comment to the ticket? Also there is one cavot to my question that must be pointed out the users email exist in a custom field.

3 answers

0 votes
Timothy
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
May 31, 2016

What you want to do is possible. 

If you want to send an email when an issue is edited, you'll have to take a look at JIRA's notification scheme to do that.

0 votes
Benny May 31, 2016

Hey Lameck,

We have JIRA v6.4.5 software.

This is software that has been loaded onto a server by another individual so I will give a quick run thru.

1. All the IT staff has access to the JIRA site so the we can review and work on task, bugs etc..
  2. I have created front end in PHP so that staff outside of the IT can submit tickets without having access to JIRA itself. When the user submits a ticket or comments on a ticket I have PHP sends out and email confirmation, but what I have ask to do is send a email to the user when the ticket has been completed by the assignee.  The users email is in a custom field.

0 votes
Meck
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
May 31, 2016

Hello Benny, I did not understand your question. The JIRA Notification Scheme send a email when a issue is updated or someone leaves a comment to the ticket. Did you change the notification scheme and now you can't receive the email? 

And what is your JIRA's version? Cloud? Desktop? Service Desk? Core? Software? Lemme know it. laugh 

Regards.

Suggest an answer