It's not the same without you

Join the community to find out what other Atlassian users are discussing, debating and creating.

Atlassian Community Hero Image Collage

Send notification to a specific user when a custom field value is changed Edited

Hi,

I have a custom field with values 'Yes' and 'No'. In an issue, when this filed value is set to 'Yes', I want an email notification to be sent to a specific user or a group and the user or the group may not be watchers of the issue. I do not want to do this as a post function of a transition as the field is not related to any transition. How do I do it? Please help.

Thanks

Siri

1 answer

1 accepted

0 votes
Answer accepted

Hello Siri,

Thank you for reaching out to Atlassian Community!

Reading the details you provided, I was able to create an automation that sends an email when the value of a field change. 

For this automation, it’s necessary to use an add-on called Automation for Jira (there is a free version that allows 300 transitions every month).

In this case, I used the field assignee as an example:

Screenshot 2019-11-26_15-17-30-697.png

Hope this helps!

Regards,
Angélica

The automation add-on is being very helpful. Thank you Angelica :)

Like Angélica Luz likes this

Questions to Angélica Luz, would this add-on also work for custom fields value change  (in my case custom fields are Secure Multi User) as well?

For example i've a secure custom fields "ROwner", "RObserver" when ever the value changes in custom fields above..  email has to be send out to Rowner & RObserver same like Assignee and reporter.

In case of custom fields - you can try Raley Emails Notifications addon. Here's an article that explains how to send an email to dynamic destination that depends on a value in custom field

Like Siri Nama likes this

Hello @MzM

Yes, the add-on works for any custom fields and not only system fields.

When you select the option "Field value changed" you will see the list with all custom fields:

Screenshot 2019-12-09_10-20-49-971.png

Regards,
Angélica

Thanks @Angélica Luz much appreciated for your inputs.

Though i got it fixed by other way via scriptrunner since my requirement is a bit tricky & complicated.. I achieved it via custom coding.

Ref ticket for persual -> https://community.atlassian.com/t5/Jira-questions/When-a-custom-field-is-updated-trigger-a-mail/qaq-p/1233308

It works perfectly as per the business requirement and it shoot email whenever ever value custom field change for priority issues. 

Below are the steps:

• "Scriptrunner ->
  • Listener ->
  • Send a custom email ->
  • Events -> CustomFieldUpdatedEvent ->
  • Condition and Configuration -> {"issue.priority?.name == 'High' && cfValues['Remediation Stakeholders'] !=null"}
  • Email template -> "{add your mail template}"

Example

Dear User,

A Security Change Management has assigned/updated a High Priority Jira to you and requires your attention.

For more details, please refer to the link "$baseUrl/browse/${issue.key}"

<% if (mostRecentComment)

out << "Last comment: " << mostRecentComment

%>

Best Regards,

${issue.reporter?.displayName}

• Subject template -> "{add your subject template}"
  • To issue fields -> "{who need to notified, in my case Remediation Fields need to notify}".

Hope this helps if anyone looking for similar requirement.

Cheers

Like # people like this

Suggest an answer

TAGS

Community Events

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find an event

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Unfortunately there are no Community Events near you at the moment.

Host an event

You're one step closer to meeting fellow Atlassian users at your local event. Learn more about Community Events

Events near you