Send email to a "Reviewer" (custom field) give errors

Gabriele Chiaramonte May 24, 2022

Hello there,

I have created (in a project for a team) a custom field named "Reviewer" (it's a person type field such as assignee, limited for one person).

I wanna create an automation that send an email to the reviewer when the task go to the column "Review".

The setting seems good but when the trigger go active Audit log find an error and the email is not send. (Audit tell that the "To" field is empty, but the reviewer il not empty)

Setting in the attachment

Screenshot 2022-05-24 at 09.37.37.pngScreenshot 2022-05-24 at 09.38.02.pngScreenshot 2022-05-24 at 09.38.17.png

2 answers

0 votes
Giulia Quaglia June 28, 2023

Hi Gabriele,

I confirm that the issue has not been solved, I would set up the same alert for my team but at the moment it's still not possible.

Moreover it seems that the problem is related to the People custom field, I am trying the automation of place a comment tagging the custom field. Not working, just open a new report here.

0 votes
Mohamed Benziane
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
May 25, 2022

Hello,

Welcome to the community

Can you you try this {{reviewer.emailAddress}} instead of reviewer in the To field.

Gabriele Chiaramonte May 26, 2022

No i'm sorry, it seems a great idea but it doens't work

Screenshot 2022-05-26 at 10.42.22.pngScreenshot 2022-05-26 at 10.42.35.png

Natalia Marko April 5, 2024

Hi,

I experienced the same problem, but I used smart value {{reviewer.emailAddress}} and it works!

1. Define when trigger automation

2. Create your smart value

smart.png

3. Add smart value to the field "To" together with "Reviewer" field  in the send e-mail action

e-mail.png

Suggest an answer

DEPLOYMENT TYPE
CLOUD
PRODUCT PLAN
STANDARD
PERMISSIONS LEVEL
Site Admin
TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events