Send e-mail on custom event

Deleted user February 14, 2019

Hi 

I am trying to send a e-mail notification on a certain status change of an issue. I have read and follwed instructions but it is not working. 

This is what I have done: 

1. Added new Event: "Status change" (via Jira admin > system > advanced > events)

image.png

2. Added event "status change" to my notification scheme and defined that assignee & reporter should be notified 

image.png

3. Added post-function to the transition in my workflow: "Fire event". I have actually tried differernt solsutions since nothing works for me.. se number 1. , 2. , 3. and 8 in the screen shot

image.png

What am I doing wrong?

1 answer

0 votes
Andy Heinzer
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
February 15, 2019

The order of your post functions is very important.   I think you are probably seeing an example of that here.  Check out this related thread: https://community.atlassian.com/t5/Jira-questions/Empty-issue-key/qaq-p/996655

In your case, I think that Jira is firing the status change event in step #1 prematurely.  That event should be happening last.  Or at very least after the issue is re-indexed.  This is because when you fire that event, Jira (or a plugin in Jira) is immediately doing a lookup on that issue to see if it matches the criteria of status.  But until Jira reindexes that issue, Jira doesn't know that the status has actually changed yet.  It's something of a race condition.  

Try moving your steps #1-3 to be steps #5-8 instead, then publish the workflow, and try this again to see if that works as expected.

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events