Send Custom Email add Create date within email

I have a custom email that is being sent on resolution using the Script Runner Send Custom Email post function.

With in the email, I want to include the Created Date.  I tried using issue.createdDate and issue.created.date neither worked.  What do I need to use to get the date in the email?

Thank you!
Jenifer 

3 answers

1 accepted

This widget could not be displayed.

This is a rare occasion when you cannot use the property syntax - see my comment here: https://answers.atlassian.com/questions/251026/script-runner-how-do-i-pull-created-date-information-from-an-issue

Also, because OSWorkflow mangles the parameters, you need to do:

<% out << issue.getCreated() %>

Thank you! That worked, The date is showing date and time, annyway to to only show the date? Search is frustrating, I searched on Created Date and the question did not come up.

issue.getCreated().format("dd-MMM-yy")

Awesome! Thank you so much!

is it possible to send a custom email with different recipient. i mean changing them(recipient) is possible? 

Have you tried : 

$issue.getCreated()

It is telling me the same thing - No such property: getCreated for class: com.atlassian.jira.issue.IssueImpl

You are correct, sorry should have tested that before hand. Only one that work for me is $issue.created but it return : True and not a date. I will continue to try and make this work. Unless someone else find a solution before me

Which version of Jira are you using?

Maybe we should raise a flag for this issue, i have tryed all property of the com.atlassian.jira.issue Class IssueImpl.

Everyone of them give me an error like this: 

11111.png

Suggest an answer

Atlassian Summit 2018

Meet the community IRL

Atlassian Summit is an excellent opportunity for in-person support, training, and networking.

Learn more
Community showcase
Posted Wednesday in New to Jira

Are you planning to trial, or are currently trialling Jira Software? - We want to talk to you!

Hello! I'm Rayen, a product manager at Atlassian. My team and I are working hard to improve the trial experience for Jira Software Cloud. We are interested in   talking to 20 people planning t...

112 views 2 0
Join discussion

Atlassian User Groups

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find a group

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find my local user group

Unfortunately there are no AUG chapters near you at the moment.

Start an AUG

You're one step closer to meeting fellow Atlassian users at your local meet up. Learn more about AUGs

Groups near you