Send Custom Email Script

Hello guys, im trying to sendo a custom email via script , at the moment my script is :

import com.atlassian.jira.component.ComponentAccessor
import java.util.Map
import com.atlassian.jira.issue.AttachmentManager
import com.atlassian.jira.issue.MutableIssue
import com.atlassian.jira.issue.link.IssueLinkManager
import com.atlassian.jira.issue.CustomFieldManager
import com.atlassian.jira.issue.Issue

def cf = ComponentAccessor.getCustomFieldManager().getCustomFieldObjectByName("Gestor Imediato")

def recipient = issue.getCustomFieldValue(cf).getEmailAddress()

mail.setTo(recipient)

but i still getting error msg in bold lines, someone know the problem? ty already

1 answer

1 accepted

0 votes
Answer accepted
C_ Derek Fields
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
July 11, 2019

What error message are you getting? Is it possible that the custom field is empty and returning null. This would cause an error when you call getEmailAddress. You could write this line as 

def recipient = issue.getCustomFieldValue(cf)?.getEmailAddress()

This would return null to recipient if the field is empty. Then you would need to handle the null value.

Bu the way, getCustomFieldObjectByName is deprecated, so you might want to get into the habit of using getCustomFieldObjectsByName("Gestor Imediato")?.getAt(0), which does the same thing. 

RichardA July 6, 2020

Hi @C_ Derek Fields ,

i have one similar requirement, "need to send the notifications to users in a multi picker field

Thanks.

Vladislav March 31, 2021

Hi @RichardA 

Thy this:

final String cf = "UserPickerMultiSelect"
def customFieldManager = ComponentAccessor.customFieldManager
def cfObject = customFieldManager.getCustomFieldObjects(issue).find { it.name == cf }
def cfValList = issue.getCustomFieldValue(cfObject)

def emailAddr = cfValList*.getEmailAddress().join(",") // provides email address of users selected in UserPickerMultiSelect custom field.

Suggest an answer