Selective Hide/Remove field history when it is edited

AnupamS November 21, 2019

Hi All,

I have a requirement. I want to hide the details related to a field from its history.

Context: We are using many hidden fields where lots of data is put (JSON, MAP) and that data is taken up for further manipulations. As these fields are hidden from behavior, these information are abstracted from the user. These fields contain raw technical data which, for multiple reasons, are to be hidden from user. Problem is whenever user is editing values which changes those fields, it appears in the history.

I cannot remove all the history  as there are obvious information that we need to retain, but I cannot find any method from ChanegHistoryManager to selectively delete any bean. I saw that extending the field and creating own plugin field is an option, but is there any in-built way to deal with this?

Just an extension to this question - We also want to hide these fields from appearing in issue search (configure columns should not bring these fields).

1 answer

0 votes
Joe Pitt
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
November 21, 2019

JIRA doesn't have built in ways to restrict users from seeing data except issue security scheme. 

Suggest an answer