Select Search multiple values

S November 30, 2020

Hi,

How do I search multiple values in a column?

For e.g. In the filters on JSD I have a column Employee. I need to search and select issues where movie like '%Rambo%' or movie like '%Tarzan%'

Is this possible with JQL?

Thnaks

S

1 answer

1 accepted

0 votes
Answer accepted
Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
November 30, 2020

Depends on the field type.

For text though, try "movie ~ rambo or movie ~ tarzan"

For select type fields, "movie in (rambo, tarzan)" will work

S November 30, 2020

Thanks @Nic Brough -Adaptavist- 

My user behaviour is very broad

data types 

1) Text

2) Digits

Is there a way this can be achived without JQL?

Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
November 30, 2020

No.  Simple search does a a series of limited "and" statements - issues need to match x and y and z.  Anything more complex needs explaining to the computer.  They're good at executing searches, but bad at guessing what we're really asking, we need to be crystal clear to them (even when we say "do a fuzzy search", it's a clear instruction)

Text is by its nature, fuzzy, we're looking for something close to <a target string>, that's what the ~ operator does.

I am not sure what you mean by "digits" though.  I know you mean "stuff with 0-9 in it", but those will always be held as an actual number, or as a string, so I'm not sure what you might be searching for.

Suggest an answer

DEPLOYMENT TYPE
CLOUD
PRODUCT PLAN
STANDARD
PERMISSIONS LEVEL
Site Admin
TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events