Select Query for Count of Issues according to Customfield -(SelectList ) with its None Option

Kapil Bolli
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
August 5, 2012

Hi ,

I am writing SELECT queries for JIRA DB, i want to fetch results : Number of issues for a customfield "Severity" .Severity has three options as "High","Low","Medium".

I am able to get the values for severity Customfield by using GROUP BY clause.

But i also want the count of isssues where the value of Severity field is None in JIRA.

The below query gives me results for Customfield Severity for a certain Project & Issuetype:

SELECT cfo.customvalue AS "Severity" ,COUNT(jiraissue.id) AS IssueCount
FROM customfieldoption cfo, jiraissue,
customfieldvalue cfv,
customfield cf
WHERE jiraissue.project='10141'AND jiraissue.created>='2012-04-01' AND jiraissue.issuetype='1' AND cfo.customfield = '10781' AND cfo.customfield = cf.id AND jiraissue.id=cfv.issue AND cfo.id=cfv.stringvalue GROUP BY cfo.customvalue ORDER BY cfo.customvalue;

I want to display "None " Option in the above result.

Please let me know how can we do it?

Thanks

Kapil

1 answer

1 accepted

0 votes
Answer accepted
Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
August 5, 2012

You can't really do this - you are looking for an absence of data rather than data that exists. "None" means "there is no data here". Not a "null" or "an affirmitive data value meaning none", it really is nothing.

Let's say you have four issues, one at each level of severity. If you go and look at the database, you will find four issues, but only three customfield values. Because "none" is "no data exists"

My SQL is not strong enough to tell you if you can do derived results because the best answer to the question is to say "total number of issues - number of issues that have data for that customfield"

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events