Select Assignee when creating a new issue

admin (tk01)
I'm New Here
I'm New Here
Those new to the Atlassian Community have posted less than three times. Give them a warm welcome!
December 1, 2011

Hi,

I want to configure that Reporter in the Project Role User can select the Assignee when creating a new issue. Currently this field is not available for the Project Role User.

When I create a new issue with an User that has the Project Role Developer it is possible to select the Assignee.

Unfortunately I'm currently not able to find where to configure this. I went through all Field configuration Options a few times, but didn't find it.

Many Thanks,
Tobias

2 answers

1 accepted

1 vote
Answer accepted
Nazia Tarannum
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
December 4, 2011

Go to the Project's Permission Scheme & under "Assign Issues" permissions--> add the project role that you want.

0 votes
Maya S Chase
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
December 2, 2011

I believe the user, or the group the user is in, has to have permission in the permission scheme to Assign Issues.

Suggest an answer