See user story stages on a gantt bar

Alexandre Stainkrycer
I'm New Here
I'm New Here
Those new to the Atlassian Community have posted less than three times. Give them a warm welcome!
March 29, 2023

Hello guys,

In Jira, we have epics and user storys managed in V model.

We have a Jira tool to show our backlog in roadmap mode, a gantt-like view.

We would like to be able to show each story as a bar including different colors corresponding to the differents V stages. For example, for each US, a bar begining at the idea stage, finishing at the training stage, with a color in the bar for each step :

- requirement collection

- refinement

- to develop

- dev in progress

- dev testing

- PO testing

- UAT

- Training

We obviously would have to schedule the differents steps durations.

Is it possible ? Is there any addin which does that ? We are even thinking of changing for another tool...

Thx

1 answer

0 votes
Riley Venable
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
March 29, 2023
It is possible to show each user story as a bar with different colors corresponding to each stage in Jira using the Advanced Roadmaps (formerly known as Portfolio for Jira) add-on. This add-on provides a Gantt chart view where you can visually track the progress of your work and set dependencies between stories. You can also customize the colors of the bars to represent specific V stages using the customization options mentioned in the provided context. I highly recommend trying out Advanced Roadmaps as it will provide the necessary features to track the progress of your work in a more efficient manner.

Suggest an answer