See my @mentions in next gen kanban boards on Jira Server

Razvan Bileca March 7, 2020

Hello,

I'm quite new to jira and recently started working on a next-gen kanban board.
I can't figure out how i can view all my @ mentions in a place.
Can somebody help me with this please?

1 answer

0 votes
Stephen Wright _Elabor8_
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
March 7, 2020

Hi @Razvan Bileca

I'm not sure what you mean by your @ mentions - do you mean all issues where your name has been mentioned?

If yes, there are two options:

• Notifications: Click the bell icon on the main navigation bar (to the left, bottom-left corner) to see these as part of your notifications
  • Search: Search for issues where your user name is mentioned in the comments.

To do the latter:

1. Click on your user icon in the bottom-left corner and select "Profile"
  2. You'll need your User ID - this is the long alphanumeric sequence after "/people/" in your URL bar - copy and paste this
  3. Go to the issue search page - either press the Magnifying Glass in the top-right corner and select "Advanced Search for Issues" or press the keyboard shortcut G + I
  4. Press "Switch to JQL" if in basic search mode
  5. Now in the search bar, put in "comment  ~ <<your User UD>>" and press Search

At the top of the page, you can choose to Save this filter if you prefer - and could add it to a dashboard or similar.

Ste

Tracy B August 2, 2022

I was really hopeful this would work, because my team needs something more than the Notifications page. But this search sadly does not work for me. My user ID value has % symbols in it, so the JQL search gives me an error saying that those are reserved characters. 

Stephen Wright _Elabor8_
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
September 2, 2022

Hi @Tracy B 

Did you try putting the User ID in quotation marks - i.e "<User ID>"?

Ste

Tracy B September 4, 2022

That eliminates the error message, but the results say that there is nothing found... and I know that's not right, the user is mentioned in many comments. :(

Suggest an answer