Searching partial text in Jira summary field

Ofira Daniel November 7, 2017

Hi ,

I wants to search the String "[XXX]" in sub tasks BUT I wants in result list only sub tasks which contain [XXX] and don`t wants to recieve sub tasks which contain only XXX 

This is the query I wrote , but I also sub tasks which contain only XXX without [] :

issueFunction in subtasksOf("issuetype = Story") AND summary ~"\\[XXX\\] "

Any idea what I need to fix ?

1 answer

0 votes
Tarun Sapra
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
November 7, 2017

You have to use script runner plugin for searching for partial text (regex) as JIRA doesn't support it out of box thus "summary ~"\\[XXX\\] "" won't work in JQL as partial text search isn't supported by JIRA, rather use script runner plugin as provided in the links below.

Tarun Sapra
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
November 7, 2017
Tarun Sapra
Community Leader
Community Leader
November 7, 2017

To find all issues where the description contains a ABC0000 where 0000 is any number, you could use:

issueFunction in issueFieldMatch("project = JRA", "description", "ABC\\d{4}")
Tarun Sapra
Community Leader
Community Leader
November 7, 2017
Ofira Daniel November 7, 2017

Thanks 

Suggest an answer