Search remote links in a structure formula

Paul Doman August 29, 2022

Hello,

We've recently upgraded to Structure 7.3 and adopting many of the new "formula" capabilities. One of the areas I need to use it is Remote Links for issues.

In ordinary JQL I can use: 

issuefunction in linkedIssuesOfRemote("relationship", "adhoc") 

to identify those issues which have this particular remote link injected. If I try

IF JQL (issuefunction in linkedIssuesOfRemote("relationship", "adhoc")) ; "found"

in my FORMULA, Structure returns "Please fix the formula to edit variables." with the red highlight starting at "in" and onwards.

I welcome suggestions.

Many thanks

Paul

1 answer

1 accepted

3 votes
Answer accepted
David Niro
Marketplace Partner
Marketplace Partners provide apps and integrations available on the Atlassian Marketplace that extend the power of Atlassian products.
August 29, 2022

Hello @Paul Doman ,

David from ALM Works here.  

issuefunction in linkedissuesOfRemote... is actually a Script JQL Function from Scriptrunner.   I mention this because it may not work after correcting the syntax issue or ,if it does work, could cause the structure to load slowly.  There is some documentation from Adaptavist that highlights how to troubleshoot and optimize a slow query here.

Disclaimer out of the way, for the JQL function, we need to use the curly bracket option JQL{}.  And for the end of the IF conditional statement, we need to use a colon rather than a semicolon.  These two adjustments should get rid of the error you received.

IF JQL {issuefunction in linkedIssuesOfRemote("relationship", "adhoc")} : 
"found"

Please let me know if this helps!

Best,

David

Paul Doman August 29, 2022

Thankyou David for your prompt reply-

This works perfectly. I had misread the bracket type required.

I have read the information on performance guidelines and can immediately think of several filters which would benefit from refinement.

Kind regards

Like # people like this
David Niro
Marketplace Partner
Marketplace Partners provide apps and integrations available on the Atlassian Marketplace that extend the power of Atlassian products.
August 29, 2022

You are very welcome!  Glad to hear it is working now!!

Suggest an answer