Search for jira issues that has a web link

Ashwin Balakrishnan April 16, 2019

I am creating a web link to my Jira ticket. The web link has an URL and a link text. 

is there a jql query that I can write that shows all the jira tickets that has a web link ?

4 answers

0 votes
Ajay Narvekar
I'm New Here
I'm New Here
Those new to the Atlassian Community have posted less than three times. Give them a warm welcome!
January 25, 2024

Been ~5 years to this query and this feature has still not been added to JIRA.

0 votes
Vijay Byndoor July 26, 2022

Is there a way to get this from the Jira DB ?

I found the internal links in the JiraIssueLinks and IssueLinkType tables, but it does not have the Remote Links/Web link.

0 votes
KATELYN O'BRIEN October 14, 2021

If your link is fairly consistent, you can use the "text ~" operator.

For example, we are linking to an old archived board in another instance of Jira. My query is:

Project = "EMPD" and text ~"https://jira". Hope this helps!

Brett Waldo November 24, 2021

I so wanted this to work but searching text ~ "https://[servername]" returned no results for me (Server v 8.13.1)

The link below mentions you can use the rest api @ rest/api/latest/issue/[id]/remotelink

which is a bit kludgy since you have to iterate over a list of items, but seems to work in a pinch

0 votes
Petter Gonçalves
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
April 17, 2019

Hello  Ashwin,

I hope you are having a nice day.

Unfortunately, it's not possible to run JQL queries to search on Web links of issues, however, we have requested this option with our development team already:

The ability to query remote link data via JQL

Feel free to vote and watch the suggestion to increase its priority and also receive notifications about any updates.

For now, there are two options you can use to achieve your need:

1 - Add the web link to a text custom field once the issue is linked, so you can use the JQL query to search on the custom field.

2 - sign-up for ScriptRunner plugin and use the parameter linkedIssuesOfRemote to search for Web links, as described in the section Remote Issue Links of the documentation below:

Scriptrunner - Scripted JQL

Let me know if this information helps.

Christophe Noualhat June 30, 2020

Hello

Looking for the same thing, we started using weblinks thinking we could do something with that but I am unable to search on this field or export this field in CSV (we use this field to link to documents and want to export all the issues's web links in a CSV to send to our client so they have the URLs to the documents handy)

Scriptrunner does not support linkedIssuesOfRemote on Jira Cloud instances...

Any other possibility ?

sriprasanna.mg October 19, 2020

Thanks for the suggestion 1.
But it is still a bit disappointing to see this feature missing.
All we need is a possibility to search for remote link titles / description (there is no need to validate / understand the remote link).

Julien Messer March 23, 2021

We are also facing the same problem (using jira cloud). Thank you for the hint, we can avoid spending unnecessary time for searching.

Dimo Mitev June 11, 2021

Same is valid and for us. Looking forward for this feature.

Marko Ritter December 15, 2021

Searching web links is important for us too. It makes the whole weblinks feature a little bit redudant if we would have to duplicate the link into the text of the issue otherwise.

Like Andrea Monico likes this

Suggest an answer