Search for all issues where a linked issue is of type X

Allan Savage January 4, 2018

I've found the linkedIssues() function, but it requires an issue key i.e. it's limited to finding all linked issues of type X to a specific issue.  You don't appear to be able to wildcard it in any way. e.g issues in linkedIssues("BT-1","is duplicated by") works happily, but only for the root issue "BT-1".

I want to be able to generate a list of all issues having a linked issue where the link type is, say, "is duplicated by".

1 answer

2 votes
Alexey Matveev
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
January 4, 2018

Hello,

You would need an add-on. If you have Power Scripts add-on you could create a file hasLinks.sil with the following code

string [] keys = selectIssues(argv[0]);
string [] ret;
for(string k in keys) {
   for ( JIssueLink jLink in getIssueLinksDetail(k))  {
        if (jLink.description == argv[1]){
            ret += k;
        }
    }
}
return ret;

And then make a JQL query like this

key in silJQLList("hasLinks.sil", "project = SD", "is duplicated by")

You can read more about JQL functions in Power Scripts here

https://confluence.cprime.io/display/JJUPIN/JQL+Support

Allan Savage January 7, 2018

Thanks Alexey.

My reading of the Power Scripts documentation suggests it's only available for JIRA Server installations, not JIRA Cloud (which may be why I can't find it when I search for it in AddOns).  ??

Alexey Matveev
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
January 7, 2018

Yes, it is not available for Jira Cloud. If you are on Jira Cloud you could use Adaptivist ScriptRunner add-on. You could use a JQL like this

hasLinks = "is duplicated by"

You can read more here

http://scriptrunner-docs.connect.adaptavist.com/jiracloud/jql-aliases.html#_haslinks

Allan Savage January 7, 2018

Many thanks, Alexey.

Suggest an answer