Search filter with list of value (LOV)

svko20 February 25, 2021

Hello,

I’m stuck. Perhaps some can help me. I’m trying to create a custom filter. The JQL is:

resolution = Unresolved AND "Epic Link" = MF-908

and yes, this works. What I’m looking for is an option to have the value “MF-908” select from a list of value (LOV). So if I press the filter it will show an LOV and I can select a value. After the selection of the value, it will trigger the JQL with the selected value. But the content of the  LOV must be created from the value of another filter.

So kind of a 2 stage filter. Stage 1 selecting all Epics, showing them and being able to select 1.

Stage 2 is selecting all issues related to the selected Epic. 

Thanks in advance for helping me.

Kind regards, Sven

1 answer

1 accepted

0 votes
Answer accepted
Jack Brickey
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
February 25, 2021

So it seems you are waning some dynamic filter solution. TBH, I’m trying to wrap my head around the concept. My first question would be where does the list come from? Would you manually create this and somehow associate to a field? In any event for sure nothing like that exists OOTB. Maybe something in the Marketplace but unsure. Maybe if I better understand your UC I could suggest something more but this seems quite unique to me.

svko20 February 25, 2021

Thanks for the quick reply.

The UC is the following;

In our Refinement board we have a lot of issues who need to be refined. A lot of issues are related to an epic. The  goal is to create a filter so my PO can easily filter on epic during a refinement. We get new epics and old ones are closed so the values change. I don’t want to be creating new filters every time an old epics is closed or a new one is opened.

Does my explanation make sense?

Jack Brickey
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
February 25, 2021

got it. Yes you would need an addon to present a dropdown. 

svko20 February 26, 2021

Ok, thanks. Than I'm not a complete noob for not finding it ;-) 

Do you have an idea what addon would be handy for this?

Suggest an answer

DEPLOYMENT TYPE
CLOUD
PRODUCT PLAN
STANDARD
TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events