Search and show all tickets, that have attachments

skorzinetzki May 29, 2012

Hello,

I'm facing a problem. Is it possible to define an advanced search, that shows me all tickets in a given project, which have attachments?

Something like:

project = "projectName" AND attachments IS NOT EMPTY

There is no field "attachments"...

Thank you in advance!

Steve

5 answers

1 accepted

2 votes
Answer accepted
Thomas Schlegel
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
May 29, 2012

Hi Steve,

this does not work out of the box. You have to use the JQL Tricks Plugin (https://marketplace.atlassian.com/31399) . Unfortunately it is not free.

Best regards

Thomas

skorzinetzki May 29, 2012

Thank you for your fast response. This answer fits my needs! :)

43 votes
Xander Vikunas January 8, 2016

this can be done natively without JQL Tricks (although that plugin is pretty awesome)

{code}

project = "projectName" AND NOT attachments is EMPTY

{code}

Martin Boehme
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
June 13, 2018

Great, thank you!

This answer should be the one that is marked as solved...

Like # people like this
Gotham Mehra September 24, 2018

I concur. This works perfectly. You can't see the name of the attachment, but you can filter for any type of issue that has an attachment.

Daniel Gomez January 2, 2019

this worked for me. filtered all issues with attachments in that project

Reena Elizabeth August 5, 2019

Great Xander. I m able to see all the stories with attachments.

Like Safari Support likes this
Chibuzor Nwobi September 6, 2019

This is very helpful. Worked for me. Thank you.

Ric Palmer July 23, 2020

Perfect, simple, easy. I also used it to see all sub-tasks for a parent that had attachments. 

Yatish Madhav
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
April 7, 2021

Thanks for the response here ... "attachments is not EMPTY" worked for me to get a filter of all issues with attachments on our Jira instance. Thanks

10 votes
Andrew
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
March 9, 2014

You can now do this in JIRA 6.2 using the attachments JQL function.

1 vote
Piotr Bojko January 15, 2013

Check this add-on : https://marketplace.atlassian.com/plugins/pl.craftware.jira.search-attachments-plugin

It can do following queries:

• issue in havingAttachments()
  • issue in havingAttachments("search text")
  • issue in havingAttachments("type:pdf")
  • issue in havingAttachments("name:workflow type:png")
  • any mix of above

It can search across pdf, office docs (ms/open/libe) and so on - it uses extractors for this formats.

1 vote
Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
May 29, 2012

I wrote a plugin to solve this with a derived field, ages ago. I really should dig it out and publish it.

Erwin Manuel September 24, 2012

Hi Nic, were you able to publish the plugin? The JQL Tricks Plugin is not free.

Renjith Pillai
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
October 12, 2012

Yeah, but I guess it is worth the cost.

Suggest an answer