Search API call returns empty items listing

Jens Kisters //SeibertSolutions
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
August 23, 2017

Hi everyone,

on a JIRA Server instance i call /rest/api/2/search 

and POST the following data:

{
"jql": "cf[10306] = 303422",
"fields": [
"subtasks",
"attachment",
"summary",
"resolution",
"subtasks",
"timeoriginalestimate",
"customfield_10302",
"status",
"timespent",
"timeestimate",
"subtasks",
"issuetype"
],
"maxResults": 999999999,
"startAt": 0
}

What i get as a result is

{
"startAt": 0,
"maxResults": 0,
"total": 6,
"issues": []
}

Even though the total is 6 (which is correct, when i run the JQL above with the same result i see 6 issues.) the issues array is empty.

What can be the cause for the issues array being empty?

Additionally i would have expected maxResults to be 1000.

Thanks a lot!

2 answers

0 votes
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
September 1, 2017

For the record:

The reason was this setting in the clients JIRA server:

jira.search.views.default.max : 0

0 votes
Warren
Rising Star
Rising Star
August 23, 2017

Hi Jens

There may more than one issue affecting you here. See here for details if you haven't already.

The value that you've used for maxResults is too large - try 50 just to see if you get any through - I think your results is saying that there are 6 available (which is correct), it's starting at 0 (which is correct) and finishing at 0 (because it can't interpret your value for maxResults). 

Rising Star
Rising Star
August 23, 2017

Hi Levi,

usually the 999999999 is no problem, we always run the search like this in our product.

According to the docs JIRA corrects it to the maximum configured.

But i will give it a try and also try to leave out the fields.

thanks

Jens

Suggest an answer