Scum Projekt Permissions

B-CH September 6, 2019

I have a question about a created Scrum project. I have created a Scrum project with my admin account and can edit it with this account.
I have the right to create boards, view the backlog and create sprints. In the interface it looks like this (see screenshot).

Admin_Screenshot.PNG

But now I want to be able to hand over the project to another person. I want this person to have this view as well and be able to create and manage sprints etc. I already tried to give all possible project rights to this person, but unsuccessfully. When I log in as this person, it looks like this.

Normaler_User_Screenshot.PNG

Is this a global permission problem? Or am I missing something?

Thank you in advance.
Nick

3 answers

1 vote
Jack Brickey
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
September 6, 2019

Give the user these project permissions: admin, browse and manage sprints. I would also make them Project lead.

Blutspende SRK Schweiz September 10, 2019

Hi Jack, thank you so much for your answer. I have tried the settings, unfortunately without success. The user still only sees what is on screenshot number 2 (on top).

Jack Brickey
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
September 17, 2019

i'm wondering if a full (entire window) screenshot of what the user sees would be of assistance. searching for clues.

Blutspende SRK Schweiz September 19, 2019

I'm afraid I can't necessarily do that for security reasons.
I created and added a new authorization scheme, but it doesn't work.
Could it be that the user has to be a member of the group jira-software-users for it to work?

0 votes
Ste
Community Leader
Community Leader
September 6, 2019

Can the user see the project but not the Scrum board? There is a further issue which might be at play here - filter share settings.

This is how to check them:

• On the board, go to Board > Configure
  • Go to General and view the Filter section

The filter share shouldn't be personal - if it is, you need to share it more broadly for users to see it - for example:

• Press Edit Filter Shares
  • Add Viewers - for example with all logged in users or with that specific project (which shares with any user who can browse that project based on permissions)
  • Add Editors - if the new user is going to be managing the board and filter, you might also want to give him edit access to the filter too
  • Press Add on each and press Save

Let us know if any of these options works out for you.

Hi Ste, also thank you very much. Unfortunately, this setting didn't work either. Slightly I have the feeling that it has to do with the basic settings of Jira.

Ste
Community Leader
Community Leader
September 10, 2019

What access does the user have to other projects / views? Have they tried accessing other things?

Ste

Other projects are no problem. However, the new project is the first Scrum project, so I'm not so well arranged yet.

Ste
Community Leader
Community Leader
September 10, 2019

Can the other user see the issues in your projects at all (for example, if they search via issue search)?

Ste

Blutspende SRK Schweiz September 17, 2019

Hi Ste

Thanks for your reply.

Yes, the user sees the issues and can also search for them.

I've tried all the rights, but I still don't see any TA boards, active sprints or releases in the left column like in the screenshot on top. I see the issues and can also create them.

Screenshot_Scrum.PNG

0 votes
elenushhh
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
September 6, 2019

Hello @B-CH 

It's a problem from the permission scheme. If you want this user to have access to all the permissions as you have, grant the access. 

If you need more info please let me know.

Suggest an answer