Scrum Backlog Disappears if ORDER BY added to filter query

Kelly December 16, 2021

The backlog on my scrum board all of sudden disappeared on Wednesday and struggling to understand why.  No changes were made to the filter or configuration, it just disappeared.

I've had a play around and can get the backlog visible again if I simplify the filter query so it only filters by project name but then this disables ranking, which we need to be able to drag & drop the stories and tasks in the backlog. 

As soon as I add in ORDER BY Rank ASC the backlog is gone (still have the option in the left hand menu bar, but the screen comes up blank, except for Version & Epic which flash up briefly then disappear) - issues are still visible in the Issues list, current sprint is also still visible. 

Issue appears to be specific to this project as I can still see the backlogs on other project boards which are using the ORDER BY Rank ASC filter.

Any help much appreciated.

1 answer

1 accepted

0 votes
Answer accepted
Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
December 16, 2021

What is the rest of the query for the board?

Also, are you on Cloud or Server?

Kelly December 16, 2021

Filter query that works: project = GIDI (GIDI is the project name)

Filter query that doesn't work: project = GIDI ORDER BY Rank ASC

I believe it's Server.

Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
December 16, 2021

Ok, filter should not be a problem at all, although as a side question, does the filter return issues in the issue navigator?

I think the index might be broken, is it possible you could re-index the project?  (This is why I asked about Server - your admins can only re-index on server)

Kelly December 16, 2021

yes issues are showing in the issue navigator when the filter is applied which was confusing me.  I'll ask the admin if they can re-index.

Suggest an answer