Scriptrunner config pages are blank after upgrading Jira from 7.10 to 8.20

nbonnel July 13, 2022

Hello,

First, some context as it could help. I'm trying to upgrade a self hosted Jira server from 7.10 to 8.20 installed on an ubuntu 18_04 running on a mysql 5.5 database (in order to later migrate my 8.20 instance into the cloud).

Here is what I've done :

- updated all my jira apps to the latest version available in 7.10.

- Uninstalled mysql5.5

sudo apt-get update
sudo apt-get upgrade
sudo apt-get remove mysql-server mysql-client mysql-common mysql-devel mysql-shared mysql-shared-compat
sudo apt-get autoremove
sudo apt-get autoclean

- Installed mysql 5.7

wget http://repo.mysql.com/mysql-apt-config_0.8.10-1_all.deb
sudo dpkg -i mysql-apt-config_0.8.10-1_all.deb
sudo apt update
sudo apt install mysql-server

after starting mysql service,

mysql_upgrade -u root -p --force

and restarting the service again

- changed the dbconfig.xml and the mysql connector in the /lib/ directory

- ran the jira.bin and used the wizard to update an existing server

- updated all my plugins to the latest version

My jira instance is working fine. My dashboard is functionnal, my jira issues are the same as before and the custom scripted fields that were added with Adaptavist Scriptunner are there and have the correct value.

But when I go to the admin page to manage the apps, everything related to scriptrunner is a blank page. Script fields, listneners, etc. All blanks.

I checked the log and see nothing, both in tomcat logs and in jira logs.

Any suggestion?

1 answer

0 votes
Ram Kumar Aravindakshan _Adaptavist_
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
July 13, 2022

Hi @nbonnel

Could you please provide a screenshot of the blank page also, may I know what version of ScriptRunner are you currently using?

Thank you and Kind regards,

Ram

nbonnel July 13, 2022

Sure!

Here is the screenshot :

This is the Scriptrunner plugin :

Version : 6.54.0. I can't click on "Commencer" (which is french for "Start"), it leads me to a blank page as well.

Disabled modules are not my action but were this way after I upgraded. The list of disabled modules :

• configuration-manager-spi-handler-packages
  • canned comments resource
  • execute a scriptrunner script action for automation for Jira (deprecated)
  • execute a scriptrunner script action for automation for Jira
  • resource for fragment popup helper
Ram Kumar Aravindakshan _Adaptavist_
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
July 13, 2022

Hi @nbonnel 

This may be a cache-related issue.

To double confirm this, you try to clear the plugin cache and reinstall ScriptRunner:-

To do that, first, uninstall ScriptRunner. Then clear the plugin cache as described in https://jira.atlassian.com/browser/JRA-27314 by shutting down Jira and deleting the following directories:

• <JIRA_HOME>/plugins/.bundled-plugins
  • <JIRA_HOME>/plugins/.osgi-plugins

Once you have done that, start Jira back up and reinstall ScriptRunner and try to access the page.

I hope this helps to solve your question. :)

Also,  if the problem persists after doing the steps above, please create a ticket on our Support Portal so we can further investigate this issue. 

Thank you and Kind regards,

Ram

nbonnel July 15, 2022

I'm trying this asap. The link to Jira-27314 doesnt work for me, it seems I don't have the permission

The project or issue you're trying to open doesn't exist or you don't have the permissions required to view it. 

Lieven Vanhollemeersch October 27, 2022

I have the same issue on Confluence 7.13.1 after upgrading scriptrunner to the latest DataCenter Version: 7.3.0.

I followed the instructions:

- uninstall scriptrunner
- stop confluence
- cleared cache

but no result, anyone? The plugin is working, only the admin pages are blank.

Suggest an answer