Scriptrunner - How to create validator to ensure issue is related to specific issue type?

Rich Johnson August 20, 2022

I am new to scriptrunner validators and groovy. I would like to create a validator that ensures that the issue is Linked to another issue using "Related to" type of link, and that the linked issue is a specific issue type.

For example, something like this:

if (linked issue exists AND link type is "relates to" AND linked issue is issuetype = "Epic") {
SUCCESS
} else {
Display error: "You must link this issue to an Epic using relates to"
}

We are currently trialing Jira and scriptrunner. This capability is paramount to giving us a successful "go head" for using Jira over other products. We are currently using scriptrunner for other capabilities so to be able to do this with as few addons as possible, I would prefer to do this with scriptrunner, while I know this may be easier to do with other addons like JMWE.

1 answer

0 votes
Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
August 22, 2022

Welcome to the Atlassian Community!

You have labelled this with Cloud, but you mention scriptrunner and groovy, so I'd like to confirm if you are on Server or Cloud before writing the wrong essay!

The reason is that on Server/DC, you would write a validator script in groovy, which I can help you with, but on Cloud, validators are written as Jira expressions and I'm less familiar with them and would probably want to get us some help from the SR4C team (as mentioned in the docs) .

Rich Johnson August 22, 2022

We are on Cloud.

Like Nic Brough -Adaptavist- likes this

Suggest an answer

DEPLOYMENT TYPE
CLOUD
PRODUCT PLAN
PREMIUM Trial
PERMISSIONS LEVEL
Site Admin
TAGS
AUG Leaders