Scriptrunner Cloud and Dynamics 365 communication via REST? Oauth? Or anything else?

Thomas Palludan Hargreaves February 26, 2020

Hi Everyone,

Using Scriptrunner Cloud is it possible to communicate and get data from a Dynamics 365 instance?

Can you do Oauth using scriptrunner and does scriptrunner support  "Azure Active Directory Authentication Libraries"

I've been searching around but have not been able to find any examples on how to do this. I hope that is not because it isn't possible.

If someone can point me in a different direction than using scriptrunner then I am also very interested.

The goal is to be able to get data/information/values from Dynamics365 into Jira.

Thank you,

Kind regards,

Thomas

1 answer

0 votes
Kristian Walker _Adaptavist_
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
February 26, 2020

Hi Thomas,

Thank you for your question.

I can confirm that you cannot import external libraries with ScriptRunner for Jira Cloud as we do not support this and you can only import the standard JAVA 8 SE classes and the libraries described in the documentation page located here.

I can however confirm that it is possible to write a script that would interact with an external application such as Dynamics365 as long as the application contains a rest API which can be called to interact with it.

In order to do this,you should review the Rest API documentation for the external application in order to see what Rest API's you will need to use to achieve this and we would advise contacting the external applications support team, if you have any questions on how their third party API works.

We have a documentation example located here which shows how you can post a message to HipChat and this example may prove a useful reference in helping you to create the script that you require, as it shows an example of making an API call to an external rest API.

I hope this information helps.

Regards,

Kristian

Thomas Palludan Hargreaves March 2, 2020

Hi @Kristian Walker _Adaptavist_ ,

Thank you for your assistance on this. I think this pretty much answers everything regarding what we can do on the Jira/Scriptrunner sider so the rest would have to be up to the Dynamics365 API.

Kind regards

Thomas P. Hargreaves

Suggest an answer