Scripting in Jira, how to set Assignee based on custom field value?

Marek M June 27, 2016

Hello All,

I would like to add a post-function script that will set an Assignee based on other custom field value.

For example: If "Location" = 'City_A', then set "Assignee" = 'Person_A'.

And here comes two questions:

1. Is it possible to achieve that goal without paying for Script Runner plugin?
  2. I'm not a developer so I don't have expierence in scripting. How can I test such scripts before implementing them into production env?

2 answers

0 votes
Marek M June 27, 2016

And what about Scripting Suite and Jython scripts?

0 votes
Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
June 27, 2016

There are alternatives to the script-runner, but they're all paid add-ons as well, for this level of flexibility.

You could bundle your code in to a simple post-function add-on though.  The Atlassian SDK that we'd recommend you use to build such add-ons includes really simple functions that will download, configure and run a dev system for you to do all your functional testing in.  (In fact, after you've created a basic project with one script and some questions, you can go from raw code to a test JIRA running with it installed by just saying "atlas-run")

Suggest an answer