Scripted Fields does not appear on the relevant screen.

Oded Priva April 27, 2014

Maybe I got it all wrong but ..

I'm trying to show a message to the user when he creates a ticket,

I created a custome field, type "scripted field", ( searcher none ) and update the script field with this code

import groovy.xml.MarkupBuilder
StringWriter writer = new StringWriter()
MarkupBuilder builder = new MarkupBuilder(writer)
builder.div (class:"aui-message info shadowed") {
        p (class: "title") {
            span (class: "aui-icon icon-info", "")
            strong ("message for user")
        }    
    }
return writer

with HTML template.

The preview is showing resault as expected.

I updated the relevant screen with the field ( According to Admin helper Plugin, it should appear on the screen ) and ..... nothing ... the field does not appear on the relevant screen.

What am I missing?

2 answers

1 accepted

1 vote
Answer accepted
Boris Georgiev _Appfire_
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
April 27, 2014

Try "Where is my Field" Admin helper to see if the field is actually there .

https://confluence.atlassian.com/display/JIRA/JIRA+Admin+Helper#JIRAAdminHelper-FieldHelper

Thanks,

According to Admin helper Plugin, it should appear on the screen

Boris Georgiev _Appfire_
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
April 27, 2014

If you inspect the html near the field title on that screen - do you see any of the code you're returning from groovy ? Have you checked for any errors in the log file ?

Thats the problem ... I don't even see the field title..

No error in the logs ( catalina.out or browser console ) ..

Boris Georgiev _Appfire_
Rising Star
Rising Star
April 27, 2014

Set the com.onresolve.jira.groovy to DEBUG and try again to see if something will come up in the atlassian-jira.log

JamieA
Rising Star
Rising Star
April 27, 2014

Is it a "view" screen and not an "edit" screen right? Calculated fields only show on view screens.

I knew I was missing something ...

Is there a way to achive it ( have a message to the user ) in the create / edit screen?

JamieA
Rising Star
Rising Star
April 27, 2014

you could try: https://jamieechlin.atlassian.net/wiki/display/GRV/Scripted+Fields#ScriptedFields-DisplayingScriptFieldsinTransitionScreens- worked for me but I think the last report I had was that it didn't work.

Oded Priva April 28, 2014

Thanks Jamie,

It did'nt work for me either.

JamieA
Rising Star
Rising Star
April 28, 2014

Let me know your jira version and plugin version, I will double-check if I get a chance.

Oded Priva April 28, 2014

jira - 5.1.4

script runner - 2.1.15

JamieA
Rising Star
Rising Star
April 28, 2014

hrm... probably only works in 6+

0 votes
Irfan Ahmed Zainulabdin January 28, 2021

I also faced similar kind of issue where my custom field added in screen is not visible in relevant page.

Upon investigating, found that the visibility scope of custom field is managed by context it is mapped to.  So add the issue type and project of your issue to Custom field context.

To do so, find your custom field(Issues--> Fields --> Custom fields and search for your field), check the conext it is mapped to under Available contexts section. To add you issue type and project, click Actions --> Configure, add your context or edit the existing context and map the project in which the custom field to be displayed.

PS: It might be a old post but just want to share how I fixed it.

Suggest an answer