ScriptRunner - How to get a project name if I know the board ID

Hello Community,

I am trying to retrieve the name of a project in Jira. In my current script I only have access to the id of a board that is associated with the project.

I wanted to know if there was a function or object that I could pass my boardID and that would return the information associated with the Board, perhaps the project key, project name, issues inside board, etc.

Any help on this is greatly appreciated!

-Roberto

1 answer

This widget could not be displayed.

It's not that simple - boards are only associated with projects by their inclusion in the board filter.  And a filter can say "project in (ABC, DEF, XYZ), so you'd have to handle multiple projects.

What is your script trying to achieve for the users?

Hi @Nic Brough [Adaptavist],

I am using a webhook that sets off once a Sprint is deleted. I process this webhook through a Rest endpoint.

because the Sprint is deleted all the information I get from the webhook is the Sprint Name and Id, as well as the boardID and user who triggered the event.

What I am trying to do is somehow fetch what project that sprint was as I need information from the project such as the roles associated with the project and then name of the project. My initial thought was using this boardID to find such project. 

Would you know anyway to accomplish this?

-Roberto

Hey @Nic Brough [Adaptavist],

Question for you, would a Sprint Deletion be considered an Update for a Project?

-Roberto

Um.  Again, a board (and hence a sprint too) can include many projects.

You'll need to read board for its filter and then parse the filter to work out the project(s) clauses, or issue types that only exist in certain projects, etc.

Deleting a sprint is not a project update.

Hi @Nic Brough [Adaptavist],

Would you know the code that would allow me to fetch a board when I know its boardID number and from there fetch the filters inside it?

-Roberto

I seem to remember that it's board.getQuery() for a query with IDs, or boardGetNavigatorQuery() for the more human friendly one.

Suggest an answer

Atlassian Summit 2018

Meet the community IRL

Atlassian Summit is an excellent opportunity for in-person support, training, and networking.

Learn more
Community showcase
Posted yesterday in New to Jira

Are you planning to trial, or are currently trialling Jira Software? - We want to talk to you!

Hello! I'm Rayen, a product manager at Atlassian. My team and I are working hard to improve the trial experience for Jira Software Cloud. We are interested in   talking to 20 people planning t...

72 views 1 0
Join discussion

Atlassian User Groups

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find a group

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find my local user group

Unfortunately there are no AUG chapters near you at the moment.

Start an AUG

You're one step closer to meeting fellow Atlassian users at your local meet up. Learn more about AUGs

Groups near you