Script runner not respecting a user's Do Not Notify Me user preference

Error 404 October 1, 2019

Hopefully this is a version issue, as I'm using Scriptrunner 3.1.4 on Jira 6.4.7.

Using Script runner plugin, I've setup a listener to fire "Send Custom Email" to the Assignee and Reporter on any updates/comments, etc.

If the assignee or reporter them-self updates the ticket, they will get this email even if they have "Do not notify me" for my own actions in user's preference.

Does anyone know if this is normal behaviour of scriptrunner and whether they have fixed this in later versions?

1 answer

0 votes
Andrew
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
October 2, 2019

Hi @Error 404 ,

Maybe I misunderstand but why are You using listener to send email on updates/comments? It functionality exist in 'notification scheme'. 

I recommend use scriptrunner if need process difficult logic. 

About "Do not notify me" I suppose it is normal for scriptrunner, because it send email directly, without check notification scheme or user properties.

Really I think I need make test because I'm afraid it also ignore permission scheme )

B.R.

Andrew
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
October 2, 2019

I'm right. I have add field 'blocked' and have set user (AndrewDvizhok) who haven't permission to browse issue and add listener which has sent email to 'blocked' user. 

A.PNG

B.R.

Error 404 October 3, 2019

Hi Andrew,

I'm using custom Listener as I want to send custom emails and not use Notification schemes.

So yeah, script runner completely ignores permissions and notification schemes which I can understand.

But I can't believe even user preferences! So now, when people perform updates, they'll get spammed by their own updates.

Does anyone know a way around this or if Script Runner intends to fix this feature/bug?

Cheers,

Yip

Suggest an answer