Script runner - Store issue change history in a custom field

HI All,

Could you please let me know how to store the issue change history like transition time, tansition from, tansition to and the comment to a free text field?

I guess its possible by script runner in post function. Could you please share some sample script to get this info.

Thanks,

Sanu P Soman

6 answers

Any suggestions?

i'm using below script for this but it;s not working. import com.atlassian.jira.bc.JiraServiceContextImpl import com.atlassian.jira.bc.issue.search.SearchService import com.atlassian.jira.component.ComponentAccessor import com.atlassian.jira.issue.Issue import com.atlassian.jira.issue.changehistory.ChangeHistoryManager import com.atlassian.jira.security.JiraAuthenticationContext import com.atlassian.jira.web.bean.PagerFilter import com.atlassian.jira.issue.history.ChangeItemBean ChangeHistoryManager changeHistoryManager = ComponentAccessor.getChangeHistoryManager() SearchService searchService = ComponentAccessor.getComponent(SearchService.class); JiraAuthenticationContext jiraAuthenticationContext = ComponentAccessor.getJiraAuthenticationContext() user = jiraAuthenticationContext.getLoggedInUser() ctx = new JiraServiceContextImpl(user) List<Issue> issues = null List<ChangeItemBean> changeItems changeItems = changeHistoryManager.getAllChangeItems(issue) log.warn (changeItems) logs = changeItems.findAll{it.getField()=='status'}{result += "${it.created}; ${it.getFrom()}; ${it.getTo()}"} log.warn (logs) IssueManager issueManager = ComponentAccessor.getIssueManager(); CustomFieldManager cfm=ComponentAccessor.getCustomFieldManager(); def MeD =cfm.getCustomFieldObjectByName("StatusLog"); issue.setCustomFieldValue(MeD, String.valueOf(logs)); Any suggestions?

0 votes

If you want to store transition information use IssueService to make the issue undergo a transition.

IssueService? can you please elaborate little bit?

Basically I want to store transition information like current user, from status, to status and time to a unlimited free text field.

Hi Sanu,

Below I have attached a sample script wrote for JIRA 6.4 which will get the change history information for the previous transition. This script should be placed inside a Scripted Field.

Please note if you are using this on a different version of JIRA then you may need to update this slightly.

import com.atlassian.jira.component.ComponentAccessor
import com.atlassian.jira.event.type.EventDispatchOption
import com.atlassian.jira.ComponentManager
import com.atlassian.jira.issue.Issue
import com.atlassian.core.util.DateUtils

// Get access to the required issue managers
def componentManager = ComponentManager.getInstance()
def issueManager = componentManager.getIssueManager()
def changeHistoryManager = ComponentManager.getInstance().getChangeHistoryManager()

// Get the current User
def User = ComponentAccessor.getJiraAuthenticationContext().getUser()

// Get the current Issue
SubjectIssue = issue

// Get Change History information
def currentStatus = issue.getStatusObject().getName();
def previousStatus = "In Progress"
def updated = issue.getUpdated().format("HH:mm (dd MMM yyyy)")
String previousTransitison = changeHistoryManager.getChangeItemsForField(issue, "status").getAt(changeHistoryManager.getChangeItemsForField(issue, "status").size() - 1).toString()
// Extract the from and to statuses below
String fromStatus = previousTransitison.substring(previousTransitison.indexOf("fromString="), previousTransitison.indexOf(",to="));
String fromStatusVal = fromStatus.substring(11);
String toStatus = previousTransitison.substring(previousTransitison.indexOf("toString="), previousTransitison.indexOf(",created"));
String toStatusVal = toStatus.substring(9);
def previousTransitisonVal = fromStatusVal + " --&gt; " + toStatusVal

// Construct the format to be output
def TransitionInfo = "Current Logged In User = " + User.getDisplayName() + "&lt;br/&gt;" + "Last Updated Time = " + updated  + "&lt;br/&gt;" + "Curent Status = " + currentStatus + "&lt;br/&gt;" + "Previous Transition Info = " + previousTransitisonVal

return TransitionInfo

Also the Issue History Plugin may be of use to you.

I hope this helps

Kristian

Suggest an answer

Community showcase
Sarah Schuster
Posted Jan 29, 2018 in Jira

What are common themes you've seen across successful & failed Jira Software implementations?

Hey everyone! My name is Sarah Schuster, and I'm a Customer Success Manager in Atlassian specializing in Jira Software Cloud. Over the next few weeks I will be posting discussion topics (8 total) to ...

2,760 views 11 18
Join discussion

Atlassian User Groups

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find a group

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find my local user group

Unfortunately there are no AUG chapters near you at the moment.

Start an AUG

You're one step closer to meeting fellow Atlassian users at your local meet up. Learn more about AUGs

Groups near you
Atlassian Team Tour

Join us on the Team Tour

We're bringing product updates and pro tips on teamwork to ten cities around the world.

Save your spot