Script for invoking a specific transition of an issue from the post function of the issue which is linked to it.

Vineet Kumar April 21, 2013

HI,

I am searching for the scripts or the methods by which i can invoke a specific transition of an issue from the Post function of the linked issue, Let's say, From issue A-231 if i am doing "Resolve issue" then the Transition of Issue B-23 (i.e. "Submit for Approval") should execute automatically. Can that happen. I am not that into coding, please try to give as much detail as you can.

3 answers

1 accepted

1 vote
Answer accepted
Henning Tietgens
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
April 21, 2013

You can get the links to the issue with a script like this.

IssueLinkManager issueLinkManager = ComponentAccessor.issueLinkManager
def linksOut = issueLinkManager.getOutwardLinks(issue.id)
def linksIn = issueLinkManager.getInwardLinks(issue.id)

Now you must identify the correct link (by linktype and direction?), e.g. like this.

foundLinks = linksIn.findAll{it.getIssueLinkType().getName() == 'Blocker'}

and than transition the corresponding issue(s) through the IssueService (see "Transitioning an existing Issue" on https://developer.atlassian.com/display/JIRADEV/Performing+Issue+Operations).

foundLinks.each{ link ->
    def issue = link.getSourceObject()
    // ... issueService transition ...
}

Be aware of using the corresponding method to get the linked issue. getSourceObject() for inward links and getDestinationObject() for outward links.

Henning

Vineet Kumar April 22, 2013

Besten dank Herr Henning, The code is working.

0 votes
Vineet Kumar April 22, 2013

I agreed Sir, I will surely count your point.

0 votes
JamieA
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
April 21, 2013

> I am not that into coding

For your requirements you will need to get into coding... there isn't off the shelf solutions for such specific requirements.

Suggest an answer