Script Workflow "Condition" Function Not Working

Phillip Ponzer [Cprime]
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
February 5, 2015

I have set up a transition's condition using a script workflow function slightly modified from the example given in the "Upgrading to 3.0" Script Runner wiki page:

import util.Bollo
import org.apache.log4j.Level
import org.apache.log4j.Logger
def log = Logger.getLogger("com.onresolve.jira.groovy")
log.setLevel(Level.DEBUG)
log.debug("Hello from the script")
Bollo.sayHello()
package util
import org.apache.log4j.Level
import org.apache.log4j.Logger
public class Bollo {
    public static Boolean sayHello() {
        def log = Logger.getLogger("com.onresolve.jira.groovy")
        log.setLevel(Level.DEBUG)
        log.debug("hello!")
        false
    }
}

I only have one condition for this transition and that is the scripted workflow function foo.groovy

However, when I go to the view issue page it allows me to take that transition (even though "sayHello" returns false).

What am I doing wrong?

Here's my log:

2015-02-05 15:53:22,112 http-bio-8081-exec-11 DEBUG <username> 953x16352x1 1pz8apa 10.30.184.65,127.0.0.1 /browse/TSF-2 [com.onresolve.jira.groovy] Hello from the script
2015-02-05 15:53:22,120 http-bio-8081-exec-11 DEBUG <username> 953x16352x1 1pz8apa 10.30.184.65,127.0.0.1 /browse/TSF-2 [com.onresolve.jira.groovy] hello!

3 answers

1 accepted

1 vote
Answer accepted
JamieA
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
February 5, 2015

Sorry, you don't return true or false from a condition, you set passesCondition to a boolean. In your example:

passesCondition = Bollo.sayHello()

Don't declare passesCondition, it comes in the script binding. I would prefer just returning true/false, but dealing with backwards compatibility is tricky.

Phillip Ponzer [Cprime]
Rising Star
Rising Star
February 6, 2015

Thanks @Jamie Echlin [Adaptavist]! Helpful as always! :)

0 votes
Phillip Ponzer [Cprime]
Rising Star
Rising Star
February 5, 2015

I added logging and my resulting log.

0 votes
JamieA
Rising Star
Rising Star
February 5, 2015

Should work fine... anything in your logs? If not I'd bump up the logging as per the info here: https://jamieechlin.atlassian.net/wiki/display/GRV/getting%20help#GettingHelp-Supportrequests

Suggest an answer