Script Runner how to query custom fields for JIRA Cloud

Hello,

We use the Zephyr for JIRA Cloud to manage test cases. But the query is not good enough. So I'm looking help from the Script Runner.

We have a JIRA project called "MANAGE".
We have several test cycles (like option for a custom field) for this project.
We have about 1400 TEST (issues) in this project.
We have a JIRA checkbox custom field called "Automated".
We have about 459 TEST which are with the value "Automated" in the custom field "Automated".
Now we want to figure out, how many TEST not Automated in test cycle "Manage 4.3 RMT 1"?
E.g.
project = "MANAGE" AND issuetype = Test AND Automated = "Automated" and
cycleName = "Manage 4.3 RMT 1"

This query does not work, because:

1. by the normal JIRA search function, can search custom field but could NOT search "Cycle Name"
2. by the Search TEST page, , can search custom field but could NOT search "Cycle Name"
3. by the Search TEST Execution page, , can NOT search custom field but could search "Cycle Nam"

In this case, how can Script Runner query out issues against both the custom field "cyclename" and "Automated"?

Appreciate any help on this!

Thanks,

Darren

1 answer

Hi Darren,

You can try inputting the custom field ID instead of the name in the Advanced search like

cf[100XX] i= "Manage 4.3 RMT 1"

Suggest an answer

How to earn badges on the Atlassian Community

How to earn badges on the Atlassian Community

Badges are a great way to show off community activity, whether you’re a newbie or a Champion.

Learn more
Community showcase
Published Monday in Jira Software

How large do you think Jira Software can grow?

Hi Atlassian Community! My name is Shana, and I’m on the Jira Software team. One of the many reasons this Community exists is to connect you to others on similar product journeys or with comparabl...

498 views 6 11
Read article

Atlassian User Groups

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find a group

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find my local user group

Unfortunately there are no AUG chapters near you at the moment.

Start an AUG

You're one step closer to meeting fellow Atlassian users at your local meet up. Learn more about AUGs

Groups near you