Script Runner - Script Console - Samples - Get JIRA Version

Onder Ozcan October 7, 2019

Dear Community,

I have a noddy question. I've just installed the script runner and I'm trying to get my head around. When I follow "Get JIRA Version" sample from the documentation (https://scriptrunner-docs.connect.adaptavist.com/jira/script-console.html) I get the error below. Can you please guide me about it? Thank you.

input:

get('/rest/api/2/serverInfo') 
.queryString('doHealthCheck', 'true')
.asObject(Map)
.body
.version

output:

groovy.lang.MissingMethodException: No signature of method: org.codehaus.groovy.jsr223.GroovyScriptEngineImpl.get() is applicable for argument types: (java.lang.String) values: [/rest/api/2/serverInfo] Possible solutions: get(java.lang.String), getAt(java.lang.String), grep(), put(java.lang.String, java.lang.Object), grep(java.lang.Object), wait() at Script8.run(Script8.groovy:1)

Kind regards,

Onder

1 answer

1 accepted

0 votes
Answer accepted
Tuncay Senturk
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
October 7, 2019

Hello @Onder Ozcan 

Welcome to the community.

I think you're using Jira Server but you're trying to run Script Runner cloud version code examples.

AFAIK those get, post, put, ... http methods can be used without adding any import statements in script console for cloud version of Script Runner. I'm not good at cloud though.

But in server edition you need to add some REST library imports.

However, if you want to get the version of Jira using script console, you can use below script.

import com.atlassian.jira.component.ComponentAccessor;
import com.atlassian.jira.util.BuildUtilsInfo

BuildUtilsInfo buildUtils = ComponentAccessor.getComponent(BuildUtilsInfo.class)
return buildUtils.version

But, if you need to do it via REST, I can also try to help. 

I hope I was helpful.

Cheers

Tuncay

Onder Ozcan October 8, 2019

Hi @Tuncay Senturk 

It does do the job. Thank you for your help.

Cheers,

Onder

Tuncay Senturk
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
October 8, 2019

I'm glad that it does the trick ;)

Suggest an answer