It's not the same without you

Join the community to find out what other Atlassian users are discussing, debating and creating.

Atlassian Community Hero Image Collage

Script Runner - Script Console - Samples - Get JIRA Version Edited

Dear Community,

I have a noddy question. I've just installed the script runner and I'm trying to get my head around. When I follow "Get JIRA Version" sample from the documentation (https://scriptrunner-docs.connect.adaptavist.com/jira/script-console.html) I get the error below. Can you please guide me about it? Thank you.

input:

get('/rest/api/2/serverInfo') 
.queryString('doHealthCheck', 'true')
.asObject(Map)
.body
.version

output:

groovy.lang.MissingMethodException: No signature of method: org.codehaus.groovy.jsr223.GroovyScriptEngineImpl.get() is applicable for argument types: (java.lang.String) values: [/rest/api/2/serverInfo] Possible solutions: get(java.lang.String), getAt(java.lang.String), grep(), put(java.lang.String, java.lang.Object), grep(java.lang.Object), wait() at Script8.run(Script8.groovy:1)

Kind regards,

Onder

1 answer

1 accepted

0 votes
Answer accepted

Hello @onder ozcan 

Welcome to the community.

I think you're using Jira Server but you're trying to run Script Runner cloud version code examples.

AFAIK those get, post, put, ... http methods can be used without adding any import statements in script console for cloud version of Script Runner. I'm not good at cloud though.

But in server edition you need to add some REST library imports.

However, if you want to get the version of Jira using script console, you can use below script.

import com.atlassian.jira.component.ComponentAccessor;
import com.atlassian.jira.util.BuildUtilsInfo

BuildUtilsInfo buildUtils = ComponentAccessor.getComponent(BuildUtilsInfo.class)
return buildUtils.version

But, if you need to do it via REST, I can also try to help. 

I hope I was helpful.

Cheers

Tuncay

Hi @Tuncay Senturk -Snapbytes- 

It does do the job. Thank you for your help.

Cheers,

Onder

I'm glad that it does the trick ;)

Suggest an answer

Community showcase
Posted in Jira

Demo Den Ep. 7: New Jira Cloud Reports

Learn how to use two new reports for next-gen projects in Jira Cloud:  Cumulative flow diagram and Sprint burndown chart. Ivan Teong, Product Manager, Jira Software, demos the Cumulative ...

275 views 1 2
Join discussion

Community Events

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find an event

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Unfortunately there are no Community Events near you at the moment.

Host an event

You're one step closer to meeting fellow Atlassian users at your local event. Learn more about Community Events

Events near you