Script Runner - Restrict creation of specific issue type for specific users/groups/project

fjodors
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
July 3, 2014

Hello

I am looking for ability to restrict creation of specific issue type for specific users/groups/project.

I found that the easiest solution is a Script runner validator in workflow "create transition"

So I need the condigition:

if

issueType="IssueType" && user who is creating this issue is member Of Role("Project Role") && project is "PROJECTKEY"

returns true, then issue could not be created.

1) issue type condition is

issue.issueTypeObject.name == 'Bug'

2)project role condition is

isUserMemberOfRole('Administrators')

3) I am not able to find condition for project. I tried

issue.getProjectObject().key == "ABCD-123", but it doesn't work.

Is there a possibility to find a project key? I need to merge these three conditions.

Thank you in advance,

Fyodor

2 answers

1 accepted

1 vote
Answer accepted
Svante Gustafsson Björkegren
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
July 3, 2014

Hello Fyodor,

Use the following syntax to grab the project in your condition:

issue.projectObject.key == 'ABCD'

The complete condition would look something like:

issue.projectObject.key == 'ABCD' && isUserMemberOfRole('Administrators') && issue.issueTypeObject.name == 'Bug'

Hope this helped!

Cheers,

// Svante

Svante Gustafsson Björkegren
Rising Star
Rising Star
July 3, 2014

btw: I re-tagged your question to more correct tags. Hope you don't mind :-)

fjodors
Rising Star
Rising Star
July 6, 2014

Hello Svante

Thank you for info.

I need to check three conditions, so it seems I need creat multi-level condition, e.g.

if(issue.issueTypeObject.name == 'Bug'){
if(issue.projectObject.key == 'ABCD'){
if(!isUserMemberOfRole('Administrators')){
invalidInputException = new InvalidInputException("Invalid condition!")
}
}
}

In all others situation issue can be created

Is it possible to put such exression in script runner validator?

regards,

Fyodor

0 votes
Alex Gubar October 12, 2017
import com.opensymphony.workflow.InvalidInputException

if(issue.projectObject.key == 'ProjectA'){
if(issue.issueType.name == 'Task'){
if(!isUserMemberOfRole('Manager')){
invalidInputException = new InvalidInputException("Task can create Manager only!")
}
}
}
Alex Gubar October 12, 2017

But this is not work...

Rafael Fernandez Coelho November 13, 2020

hello,

i use cloud version, so i dont know if what i will say applies to your case.

since it is a validator, i believe it does not accept "if" (at least I could't use until now), it is only possible to use jira expressions or something like that.

but you dont need 3 if, because it will only permit the creation (or whatever you are validating) when all is true, right? so you can use all of them ia a single line joined by AND (&&)

issue.projectObject.key == 'ProjectA'
&&
issue.issueType.name == 'Task'
&&
isUserMemberOfRole('Manager')

something like this i believe

and thanks, i was looking for something that could validate if the user has some role in the project!

Suggest an answer