Script-Runner Post Function create a sub-task uses wrong Screen Scheme

Sven April 13, 2017

Hi!

Our Project has two issue-types A (parent issue) and B (sub-task issue). Both have their own Screens and Screen-Schemes.

1. If I create a sub-task B in the parent-issue A (more -> create sub-task) it uses the right Screen Scheme. Everythings fine so far.

2. But if I create a sub-task B with a Post Function on a transition (script worklflow function) it uses the Screen-Scheme from parent-issue A but it normally should use its own Screen Scheme.

I don't know what I'm doing wrong...?

1 answer

1 accepted

1 vote
Answer accepted
Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
April 13, 2017

I don't think you have understood how these things work together.

A post function is something that happens in a workflow.  You move from one status to another through a transition, and the post-function runs during that transition.

Post-functions have nothing to do with screens

An "issue type screen scheme" tells your project what "screen scheme" to use for each issue type, and those tell it which screen to use for create, edit and view.

In your description, JIRA is behaving correctly.  Sub-task B is using the screens you've told it to in the issue type screen scheme.

Sven April 18, 2017

Thank you Nic.

You were right, we mistakenly used the wrong screen in our transition. 

Suggest an answer