Script Runner: Fast-track transition an issue additional issue actions don't work

Hi,

I'm using JIRA 7.1.4 and Script Runner 4.3.0. In the create step i use the post script function to fast-track transition an issue. The post function is at the last place after the event. My condition is:

cfValues['Field A'] != 'Value A' && cfValues['Field B']?.value == null

This works fine, the desired transition is applied and the issue is closed directly.

But the additional issue actions don't work. I want to set a comment and use the example given by script runner:

issueInputParameters.setComment('Write your comment here').

But nothing happens, no comment is created. There is no message in the JIRA log and the post function only says "No failures in the last 15 execution(s)".

So am I missing anything?

1 answer

1 accepted

1 vote

This will only work if you have a screen on the transition and you have:

issueInputParameters.setSkipScreenCheck(true)

Although theres a bug in JIRA IssueService on some versions, causing the commenting to be done twice.

I would use CommentManager to do this. So the script to use is:

def commentManager = com.atlassian.jira.component.ComponentAccessor.getCommentManager()
commentManager.create(issue, currentUser, "A comment", true)

Thank you Adam,

now it works!

Suggest an answer

How to earn badges on the Atlassian Community

How to earn badges on the Atlassian Community

Badges are a great way to show off community activity, whether you’re a newbie or a Champion.

Learn more
Community showcase
Published Monday in Jira Software

How large do you think Jira Software can grow?

Hi Atlassian Community! My name is Shana, and I’m on the Jira Software team. One of the many reasons this Community exists is to connect you to others on similar product journeys or with comparabl...

700 views 6 13
Read article

Atlassian User Groups

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find a group

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find my local user group

Unfortunately there are no AUG chapters near you at the moment.

Start an AUG

You're one step closer to meeting fellow Atlassian users at your local meet up. Learn more about AUGs

Groups near you