Script Runner - Custom Script Listener cannot load

Jon Starbird
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
November 20, 2014

I've read the other postings here and tried the things those suggest but I still cannot get Script Runner to create a Custom Script Listener.

I am getting no errors no log entries, nothing. JIRA just spins the entire time so no idea what the hang up is.

I did try Disabling and Enabling the plugin again as I did for a earlier problem.

JIRA 6.3.7 and Script Runner 3.0.6

I've created a folder under the default Scripts folder called listeners. I put my groovy file there. 

Then in the Script Runner configuration section I put the path to the script just as listeners.myscript   which is what all the examples seemed to be showing.

So to be clear the file lives on my JIRA server at <JIRA_HOME>/scripts/listeners/myscript.groovy   

3 answers

1 accepted

0 votes
Answer accepted
Jon Starbird
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
November 24, 2014

Dupe Question, please see https://answers.atlassian.com/questions/322596

for possible help and continued conversation.

0 votes
Jon Starbird
Rising Star
Rising Star
November 20, 2014

I basically copied an example from the Script Runner site and added a little bit of code. Here you go: package listeners; class myscript extends AbstractIssueEventListener { Category log = Category.getInstance(myscript.class) @Override public void workflowEvent( IssueEvent event ) { Long eventTypeId = event.getEventTypeId(); if( eventTypeId.equals( EventType.ISSUE_UPDATED_ID ) ) { List<GenericValue> changeItemList = null; try { changeItemList = event.getChangeLog().getRelated( "ChildChangeItem" ); } catch( GenericEntityException e ) { // Error or do what you need to do here. e.printStackTrace(); } if( changeItemList == null ) { // Same deal here. return; } Iterator<GenericValue> changeItemListIterator = changeItemList.iterator(); while( changeItemListIterator.hasNext() ) { GenericValue changeItem = ( GenericValue )changeItemListIterator.next(); String fieldName = changeItem.get( "field" ).toString(); if( fieldName.equals( 'fixVersions' ) ) // Name of custom field. { Object oldValue = changeItem.get( "oldvalue" ); log.debug "Old Value: ${oldValue}"; Object newValue = changeItem.get( "newvalue" ); log.debug "New Value: ${newValue}"; } } } } }

0 votes
JamieA
Rising Star
Rising Star
November 20, 2014

What's the contents of myscript.groovy?

Suggest an answer