Script Runner Clone issue Additional issue actions

grumbledook December 17, 2014

Hello,

I am using Clone issue with links script. Can I reference the original issue and its fields in Additional issue actions field? Is there any way to do this, and how?

1 answer

0 votes
Geert Graat
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
December 17, 2014

Hi,

Yes you can, have a look at the examples under the Additional issue actions field. You can retrieve the summary of the original issue with

sourceIssue.summary

Regards,

Geert

Thank you for answering. I actually tried what you suggest already. Unfortunately, it doesn't work for me. I get: "No such property: sourceIssue for class: Script1'" in log. I am using JIRA 6.3.12 and Script Runner 3.0.6

Geert Graat
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
December 17, 2014

So what is this class Script1? Are you using the built-in script or did you create your own? Because I was assuming that you were using the built-in script.

Yes, I am using built-in postfunction, 'Clones an issue and links'. I am not sure what Script1 is, could it be class generated from Additional issue actions block? As I change Additional issue actions, Script1 turns to Script2, Script3 and so on.

Geert Graat
Rising Star
Rising Star
December 18, 2014

Hi, it seems you are using this in exactly the same way as I am. The only difference is that I run JIRA 6.3.8, but I do not think that makes a difference. Here it works well. I cannot say why it does not in your case. I hope someone else can help.

Suggest an answer