Schedule issue permission not working correctly

Aleksa Jorga March 22, 2018

I have edited "Schedule Issue" permission in the permission scheme for a project, defining the Schedule Permission for a narrower user group.  But it doesn't seem to work, i.e. other users still have that permission.

I wanted to change permissions for certain users, so those users cannot add issues to a current sprint. for which I have read that "Schedule issue" permission is relevant.

I have checked, there is no override from users belonging to eg. default (Jira-defined) admin group, or any other group with overriding permissions. 

1 answer

0 votes
Deleted user March 22, 2018

Hi Aleksa,

Here is the Managing Permissions help guide

An extract for the page:

There are some sprint actions (e.g. adding issues to sprints, removing issues from sprints) that require the Schedule Issues and Edit Issues permissions.

You may want to check that the Edit Issues permission has been set up correctly. 

Also, if you could let me know how you are restricting access to certain permissions that would help. Is it via Project Roles, User Groups, user names directly listed in the Permissions scheme?

Hope this helps.

Aleksa Jorga March 22, 2018

Thank you, Danny.

I have restricted access to certain permissions via User groups only, specificially by assigning this permission to a smaller group of Users.

Re edit issues, create issues and edit issues I have not changed for the specific group, based on Edit issues permission description:

Permission to edit issues (excluding the 'Due Date' field — see the Schedule Issues permission).

Should I change both Edit and Create Issues? I don't want to restrict access to these permissions for the group of users for which I want to limit the ability to add issues to current sprint-Schedule Issue.

Like SPLC3026 likes this

Suggest an answer