• Give kudos
  • Received
  • Given

Leaderboard

• Global

Trophy case

Kudos (beta program)

Kudos logo

You've been invited into the Kudos (beta program) private group. Chat with others in the program, or give feedback to Atlassian.

View group

It's not the same without you

Join the community to find out what other Atlassian users are discussing, debating and creating.

Atlassian Community Hero Image Collage

Scan JIRA and Confluence for words in body text and/or attachments

Is anyone aware of a script, plugin, or 3rd party tool that would scan the Atlassian database (and file attachments) for security risks like passwords, connection strings, and other secrets that someone may have inadvertently entered into JIRA and Confluence?

2 answers

0 votes

Hello Scott,

What I am understanding is that you are look for a Data Leak Prevention (DLP) or Personal Identifiable Information (PII) plugin for Jira and/or Confluence.

The market place is a good place to start, searching for DLP turns up nothing. However searching for Personal Identifiable Information (PII) does yield results. Market Place Search Results.

An alternative would be to query the API for both Jira and Confluence and create your own search and filters. This would require a lot of lead time but would allow you to customize your searches and filters to you exact requirements. Here are the API documents for Jira and Confluence:

Jira REST APIs (server)

Confluence Server REST API (server)

I hope you find this helpful, let us know if you need further information.

-Stephen Sifers

Splendid!  Thanks for your useful answer, Stephen!

I've been looking for something similar myself, and this addon from the Marketplace, Nightfall, looks promising for cloud: Jira DLP: Cloud-Native Data Loss Prevention with Nightfall AI

Suggest an answer

TAGS

Community Events

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find an event

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Unfortunately there are no Community Events near you at the moment.

Host an event

You're one step closer to meeting fellow Atlassian users at your local event. Learn more about Community Events

Events near you