Saving the output of JIRA Issues Macro in a variable and iterating through it in a macro

Mahesh Gudapakkam October 16, 2017

Versions: Confluence (5.9.8), JIRA (7.1.7)

I am new to creating user macros in Confluence and have been reviewing the following documentation/articles to get a sense of how to go about writing such macros.

I am able to display active issues for a specific project in JIRA within a Confluence Wiki page of mine using a user macro which in turn calls the JIRA Issues Macro. The reason I am doing it this way is b/c calling the JIRA Issues Macro directly seems to give me only 3 preconfigured display options (single issue, total issue count or table listing of issues). I want to be able to customize the output - I want it to be a running list of tickets (similar to a listing of blog post titles with a brief summary for each entry).

It seems like a custom user macro would be the way to go (my hunch).

I am following a similar approach as the one outlined in this posting on your forum - https://community.atlassian.com/t5/Jira-questions/Can-anyone-assist-creating-a-user-macro/qaq-p/173943

As you can see in that posting - the macro works with the output of another function (process) to determine the list of pages and subsequently it uses a custom layout to display it (albeit it is a table in this case).

What I am hoping to do is save the output of my JIRA Issues macro query to say a variable within the user macro and then iterate through that list of items (similar to the positing above) and display it the way I'd want to.

Is what I am trying to do possible and even the right way to approach this? Appreciate any pointers / suggestions you folks might have.

Oh and this is how I am retrieving the tickets I am interested in within the user macro.

<ac:structured-macro ac:name="jira">
<ac:parameter ac:name="columns">priority,key,status,summary,assignee,due</ac:parameter>
<ac:parameter ac:name="jqlQuery">project = "SOME_PROJECT" and status in ("In Progress", "In Review", "Awaiting approval", "On Hold") AND resolution = Unresolved</ac:parameter>
</ac:structured-macro>

0 answers

Suggest an answer