It's not the same without you

Join the community to find out what other Atlassian users are discussing, debating and creating.

Atlassian Community Hero Image Collage

Saving the iftttResult_variable to the Confiform Table

I have a Confiform conundrum I'm hoping you can help me with. We have a form that creates a JIRA issue and stores that result in the variable JIRAID. We can pass that result to an IFTTT generated email using $iftttResult_JIRAID, but we also want to set a variable value so the result is passed to the Confiform table. When we use the Confiform Rules for Form Field macro to set the variable JID=$iftttResult_JIRAID it doesn't pass the actual result just the text $iftttResult_JIRAID.

IFTTT Event *onCreated

Choose Action to perform *Create JIRA Issue

Set custom name for this action result (alphanumeric, no spaces) *JIRAID

We've tried changing the type of field JID is (Text vs JIRA Issue) as well as changing the location of the rule that sets JID to the JIRAID result (inside the IFTTT vs just after the IFTTT) but nothing seems to work.

I'm sure it's just a simple fix, but for the life of me we can't figure it out.

Any assistance you can provide would be appreciated.

1 answer

You need to store the result of this IFTTT, by adding another ConfiForms IFTTT macro (after the one which creates Jira issue) with action to "create/update ConfiForms entry" and parameters set to 

entryId=[entry.id]&JID=${iftttResult_JIRAID}

So, the result of the "Create Jira" action will be stored back to the record (in a form)

Hello, I've looked into this and this only stores the result as a string and not as a Jira issue type. Is there a way to store the result as a Jira issue type?

Yes, only the issue key is returned. And that is by design.

You can save the returned key back to ConfiForms field of "jira issue" type and access ANY property of the referenced Jira issue (including issue type, of course)

See details on available properties for each ConfiForms field type on https://wiki.vertuna.com/display/CONFIFORMS/Accessing+field+values+and+properties

Thank you! 

I was able to save the key into a text field then use another IFTTT macro to pull the text and set the key to the "jira issue" field.

There is no need to have a second IFTTT... just save the returned key into the ConfiForms Field of "Jira issue" type and use it to access any property of Jira issue directly

If I don't use the second IFTTT I get this response:

${IFTTTRESULT_JI.KEY} - COM.ATLASSIAN.APPLINKS.INTERNAL.COMMON.AUTH.OAUTH.OAUTHMESSAGEPROBLEMEXCEPTION: OAUTH AUTHENTICATION FAILED: SIGNATURE_INVALID

Suggest an answer

Community showcase
Posted in Jira

Demo Den Ep. 7: New Jira Cloud Reports

Learn how to use two new reports for next-gen projects in Jira Cloud:  Cumulative flow diagram and Sprint burndown chart. Ivan Teong, Product Manager, Jira Software, demos the Cumulative ...

275 views 1 2
Join discussion

Community Events

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find an event

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Unfortunately there are no Community Events near you at the moment.

Host an event

You're one step closer to meeting fellow Atlassian users at your local event. Learn more about Community Events

Events near you