Saved DBCF value not being selected when issue is edited and field is dependent on a normal select custom field

Jeff Louwerse
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
March 15, 2015

Up until today I have always used the DBCF to reference other DBCF fields.  For some reason when I use a DBCF field with its query based on a Normal Jira select list, everything is working except the saved value is not auto selected the next time the issue is edited.  Thus unless the user reselects the value it get cleared. 

Using JIRA 5.1.8 and dbcf 2.1.22-SNAPSHOT

For example, this query works fine.  It loads the select list values properly and when one is selected it saves the value.  When viewing the issue you can see the value and when you edit it, the value is still selected.

SELECT TRIM(TEMP.CHILDVALUE) as FIELDVALUE, TEMP.CHILDID AS PK

FROM SQLFEED_PROPOSEDRESOL_VIEW TEMP

WHERE TEMP.CHILDFIELDID = 11702     

AND TRIM(ISSUETYPENAME) = TRIM({issuetype})

This query however (this is the proper filter) based on the value of a normal select list does everything the same except when edited, the value is not selected.

SELECT TRIM(TEMP.CHILDVALUE) as FIELDVALUE, TEMP.CHILDID AS PK

FROM SQLFEED_PROPOSEDRESOL_VIEW TEMP

WHERE TEMP.CHILDFIELDID = 11702     

AND TRIM(ISSUETYPENAME) = TRIM({issuetype})

AND TRIM(CUSTOMVALUE) =  TRIM({customfield_10700})

I can always convert the parent field from a normal select list custom field to a DBCF but Since this almost works and according to the docs it should work is there something I am doing wrong or is this a bug?

1 answer

1 accepted

1 vote
Answer accepted
Silviu Burcea
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
March 15, 2015

Hi Jeff,

First of all, JIRA 5.1.x reached the end of life, so we don't support 2.1.x versions, but I will try to guide you in the right direction. I just tested your scenario and it works with the latest DBCF version(3.0.4). You will need to upgrade your JIRA to 6.0 or higher to use the 3.x version for our plugins.

Best regards,

Silviu

Jeff Louwerse
Rising Star
Rising Star
March 16, 2015

Thanks.. we will be migrating to 5.2 in a week or 2 :) Unfortunately I cant upgrade to 6.x until I replace nFeed as the next nfeed upgrade breaks my hacks on Jira Behaviours and I can't keep hacking the behaviours plugin every time nFeed upgrades. I was hoping to be be able to replace it before upgrading but at least I know this should work so I can make it part of my 6.X upgrade.

Suggest an answer