Save Jira ticket as a template

Katharina Fenner October 14, 2019
Hello everybody,

I have a question about creating Jira tickets.
Our ticket should always be designed according to a specific scheme,
also in terms of content.
We would like to insert in the field "description" a text with which
we always work. It would be best if we could create a blueprint from it,
so that everyone always uses the same tickets.
Is that even possible with Jira? 
What are the requirements and how does it work? Many thanks for your help
Ina

1 answer

1 vote
Ravi Sagar _Sparxsys_
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
October 14, 2019

Hi @Katharina Fenner 

Take a look at Smart Issue Templates for Jira. It is a paid app but does exactly what you are looking for.

If you just want to insert a default field in the description field then ScriptRunner can also do this for you. Take a look at this example. The advantage of using ScriptRunner is that it has several other uses and is great for doing variety of customisations.

Ravi

Katharina Fenner October 14, 2019

Hi, @Ravi Sagar _Sparxsys_ 

thank you so much for your answer.

I diskuss this options with my boss this week. But i think, that he wanted a free solution :)

There are no other ways of reaching a similiar goal?

Thanks for your help.

Ina

Ravi Sagar _Sparxsys_
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
October 14, 2019

Hi @Katharina Fenner 

No there is a free solution as well. You can use JavaScript. Take a look at this link.

Please note that this is not really recommended solution, it is more of a hack. For setting simple default description it will work well but the complexity can increase for creating template like solution where several field needs to be filled with values.

Ravi

Like Katharina Fenner likes this

Suggest an answer