Save Current Scrum Project as a new template for new projects

Abdallah Korraim April 29, 2023

Hello!

I need some help on creating new project based on my saved configurations in my current Scrum Project.

I have a Project created based on the Default Scrum Template and I made a lot of configuration changes in that project in Custom Fields of Issue Types, Boards Workflow and Automation. I would like to save this changes as a Template so I can use it when creating new projects. Currently, I can't find a way to do this. When I create a new project and choose Scrum Template, the default settings is used.

I hope someone can help, because that will save a lot of time for me

thanks in advance!

1 answer

1 accepted

0 votes
Answer accepted
Robert Wen_ReleaseTEAM_
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
April 29, 2023

Hello @Abdallah Korraim ! Welcome to the Atlassian Community!

Basically the way to do this is through shared project configurations.  When creating a new project using the Scrum template, select the project as a company-managed project. After that, check Share settings with an existing project and select your "template project" in the dropdown list as shown below.

Screenshot 2023-04-29 at 8.12.37 PM.png

Hope this helps!

I have few questions:

1. Can i use my current team-managed project as a template or do i have to use a company managed project as a template?
  2. Can i change my current project from team managed to company managed?
  3. Also, can i have multiple company managed projects created at the same time?

and thank you so much, i will try this out and get back to you and mark it as an answer

Robert Wen_ReleaseTEAM_
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
April 29, 2023

1. You can't share configurations on team-managed projects.  The idea is that the team in a team-managed project is given the freedom to set their own configuration. Company-managed projects have the benefit of sharing standard configurations.

2. The only way I know of changing a team-managed project to a company-managed project is to create the new company-managed project and move the issues from the team-managed project to the newly-created company-managed project.

3. Not out of the box.

I just checked and that feature is in premium, and am a free user. is there is a way that i can duplicate a company-managed project in an another way that my new projects can have the same schema? i don't need them to be synced, but in the free version can i do something like that?

For example like exporting and importing? in the team managed project i can't find export project.

Robert Wen_ReleaseTEAM_
Community Leader
Community Leader
April 29, 2023

You might have to check out Marketplace apps such as Project Templates for Jira.  Here's a query string: https://marketplace.atlassian.com/search?query=project%20templates

Like Wolfgang -Litew8 GmbH- likes this
Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
April 30, 2023

The ability to have shared configuration schemes for company managed projects is a standard function in Jira, not premium, you just need to be on a paid plan rather than free.

Suggest an answer

DEPLOYMENT TYPE
CLOUD
PRODUCT PLAN
FREE
PERMISSIONS LEVEL
Site Admin
TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events