Save Button in JIRA forms

vittal kovuru June 28, 2017

I want to create a Save button in JIRA Service desk forms.  there is a Create and Cancel button but as a user I want to Save for some time and then click on Create

how can I configure this?

1 answer

0 votes
Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
June 28, 2017

This is not a "configure" thing. 

You will need to write code that can capture and store issue details somewhere, add some screens for users to find their "draft issues" and then re-fill a create-issue screen from the stored information when they use the option.  I'd also recommend calling it "save draft", as many people would see "save" as the same as create.

Thank you Nic.  Do i need to write the code in Script Runner for this also or do I need to use Rest API's?

Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
June 28, 2017

I'm not sure you could do it in ScriptRunner, it sounds like it might need to be a full-on add-on, as you'll need to create a storage system for the drafts.

What do you mean by full-on add-on?

Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
June 28, 2017

Sorry, that was not clear.  An add-on is a chunk of compiled code you add to JIRA to add functions.  A "full add-on" is an add-on dedicated to a specific purpose, rather than a collection of scripts for script-runner.

Suggest an answer