Sandbox in Jira Data Center

Lisa Driesse December 1, 2022

Hi there,

For a customer, I'm checking whether Jira Software Cloud or Jira Data Center best fits their needs. Now I'm wondering if it is also possible to use Sandboxes with Jira Data Center.

Please let me know! 

2 answers

2 accepted

0 votes
Answer accepted
Seifallah Bellassoued
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
December 1, 2022

Hello @Lisa Driesse

Welcome to the community!

For Datacenter, you can install a separate envirnment with developer licence.

For each Atlassian commertial licence (Atlassian product or addons), you can go to my.atlassian.com and generate the developer licence.

Please visit this KB for more information.

Regards,

Seif,

0 votes
Answer accepted
Luis Machado
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
December 1, 2022

Hi @Lisa Driesse 

Welcome to the Community!

Sandboxes are a feature that only exists for Premium Cloud licenses. The equivalent for Data Center would be standing up a separate environment to use a test/dev environment that mirrors your production environment.

Lisa Driesse December 1, 2022

Hi Luis,

Thanks for your quick reply. Regarding to the separate environment, is this within the production data center license? In other words, Do you have to buy another license or can you just create one? 

Thanks in advance!

Luis Machado
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
December 1, 2022

You don't have to buy another license for a test environment. You can request a development license that is tied to your production license.

I'll also include this document for you which outlines the process for setting up a test environment.

Like # people like this
Tom Braat March 27, 2023

@Luis Machado multiple developer licenses can be requested right? Such that multiple stagging/sandbox enviroments can be set up with a datacenter license?

Suggest an answer